Tuesday, December 9, 2008

One sick archivist


There's a nasty cold making the rounds at work, and I'm among the latest victims. Ugh. I went home sick because I felt wretched and wasn't getting anything done, and this flurry of posting is taking place only because the cold meds that I took about 40 minutes ago have temporarily made me feel semi-alive; in addition, I'm sort of trapped at my desk because the cat on my lap really doesn't want me to move. However, the semi-alive feeling is coming to an end, the other cat has begun letting me know that he wants his dinner, and the cat on my lap will very soon want hers.

If my colleagues' experiences are any guide, I might not be in any shape to post for a couple of days. However, I started working on a long post last night and almost finished it. If I'm up to it, I'll try to put the finishing touches on it and post it tomorrow. If not, it will make its debut ASAP.

In the meantime, consider following these common cold prevention tips. I wish I had been more conscientious about doing so.

No comments: