Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas cactus . . . and clearing for takeoff


I have two Christmas cacti: a large one that produces pale pink blossoms, and a small one that produces fuchsia ones. The big one is just starting to bloom, and the little one has a bunch of teeny little buds.

I took a few minutes this morning to grab my camera and document the opening of the first blooms on the big plant. Every time I look at them, I can't help but smile.

I'm taking to the sky tomorrow so that I can attend the kickoff meeting of the Distributed Custodial Archival Preservation Environments (DCAPE) project in Chapel Hill, North Carolina on Thursday and Friday. Owing to my flight schedule, I won't have much free time, but I will be able to see at least some of the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill campus and the Louis Round Wilson Library, which is home to the university's manuscript, archival, and rare books collections. And, of course, there should be lots of cool DCAPE stuff to report . . . .

No comments: